Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Superhero Round-Up: The Next Fury, ‘Rises’ Honesty, and Catwoman’s Return?





Why read about one comic-to-film story when you can read about four? That’s our motto! So for this Superhero Round-Up feel free to peruse stories about Nick Fury’s next film appearance, Sir Patrick’s next X-Men appearance, and a couple of Dark Knight bits for good measure. DVD release date plug!) Let’s start the round-up…



Nick Fury Will Be Back…. In 2 Movies



While talking to Total Film recently, Samuel L. Jackson discussed his ongoing role as Nick Fury in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And sure, Fury may have helped put together the Avengers in the The Avengers, but it seems that Fury’s going to be sitting out the next couple of Avengers-related movies.



“I think my next time as Nick Fury is in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, because I'm not in Iron Man 3. None of the Avengers are in Iron Man 3. It's a standalone Iron Man movie.”



So no Iron Man 3, and we can infer that he’s probably not in the already filming Thor: The Dark World. It further confirms that The Winter Soldier will be the next opportunity for numerous Avengers to be seen together on screen. More news as it develops.



Source: Cinema Blend



Stewart Says He Knows Nothing RE: Days of Future Past



It was big news last week when Bryan Singer announced that he’d be directing Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart in the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past. Of course, this was a Twitter announcement, and not legally binding, so when Entertainment Weekly asked P-Stew about what he’s looking forward to in returning the X-universe, and he proved surprisingly ignorant.



“It's a kind of awkward position, because lovely Bryan Singer just blurted it all out there. For me the big thrill is knowing that Bryan Singer is attached to this movie, because not only is he a brilliant director, but also I adore him and hope that it might be true and that we do work together at some point in the future. But I'm not being coy. I know nothing about this project.”



Amongst other things that Stewart doesn’t know: when he’s going to get paid and when he should show up on set.



“I have not signed a contract yet. I know there is a project in development, but we have no dates. No detailed casting. Thrilled to hear that my dear friend and colleague Ian McKellen is on board, but I'm sorry, you know, you need to understand, I'm not being cute. I know nothing,”



Hopefully, Stewart will at least see a script before the film is released in July 2014.



Source: Comic Book Movie



Occasion to Make Fun of Dark Knight Rises #21



The Screen Junkies gang are at it again, and by “it” I mean making fun of people that actually makes things rather than being the @$$holes who rag on the ones that do. On this, the occasion of Rises DVD release, we get the “honest” trailer for the second biggest nerdy movie of the year:



id="sbPlayer" width="598" height="337" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://cdn.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/youtube/cbm002/WQJuGeqdbn4/" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" />



Source: Comic Book Movie



Hathaway Gets Teary About Playing Catwoman Again



Meanwhile, in other Dark Knight news, Anne Hathaway was asked again about the possibility of a Catwoman spin-off, and even though she’s currently in the glow of awards consideration for her role in the upcoming Les Miserables adaptation, she had a – ahem – interesting reaction to the possibility of never playing Catwoman again. Here’s the tale from Access Hollywood:



"No one's talked to me about it," Anne said. “I would love it. I actually, it's so embarrassing, I was at a press Q & A thing the other night for a screening of 'The Dark Knight,' and the moderator asked me, 'So what was it like to say goodbye to the character?' And I burst into tears, because I miss her," the 30-year-old said. "It just makes me cry. I miss her. I love Selena so much and I love her presence in my life and getting to... I'm crying again."


But if didn’t care for reading all that, here’s the video:

id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" flashVars="videoId=2006651157001&playerID=1490276379001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAABAY6g5IE~,g0_gr83Y4h2gsONEuiYgmhMw_6Z52KwP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" seamlesstabbing="false" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="videoId=2006651157001&playerID=1490276379001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAABAY6g5IE~,g0_gr83Y4h2gsONEuiYgmhMw_6Z52KwP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" swliveconnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" />


Source: Comic Book Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment