Thursday, December 27, 2012

J.J. Abrams Gives Thumbs Down To Directing Star Wars VII




The search for a director for Star Wars VII is going to have to continue as J.J. Abrams clarifies his refusal to sit in the Star Wars VII directorial chair. Empire Magazine recently sat down with Abrams:



“I guess the franchises could go up against each other, but I’m not thinking that far ahead! I’m a huge fan of Star Wars, Empire and Jedi, and the idea of the world continuing is exciting and will be amazing. Kathy Kennedy is a friend and there are no smarter producers. It’s in great hands.”



“There were the very early conversations and I quickly said that because of my loyalty to Star Trek, and also just being a fan, I wouldn’t even want to be involved in the next version of those things. I declined any involvement very early on. I’d rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them.”



The list of potential directors keeps getting smaller and smaller as some of the hottest directors in Hollywood step back from the Star Wars franchise. Are we going to end up with a first time director at the helm of one of the biggest Sci-Fi franchises of all time?



I’m wondering if we might be better with someone like Seth Green, or Topher Grace in the director’s chair. Grace recently re-cut the Star Wars Prequels and although it was not shown in public, I’m sure that someone in the Lucas Arts management team must have seen it by now.



What do you think? Who is your choice to take over the directorial reins?





Via: Comingsoon


No comments:

Post a Comment