Sunday, July 6, 2014

TO THE BAT-CRIB!


Here at the Bat-Blog people are welcome to send us their vintage family photos if they're Batman-related. I always seriously love to get these because sometimes they're really cute & funny, other times they're just a really neat piece of Bat-History. This one is a great example of both! At first glance you see an extremely cute little Batman Fan sporting a BATMAN One-Piece Jumper ( I think they're called "Onesies" ). Just on that level you get the "cute & adorable" motif but then you see the Batman Clothing & realize that this bat-item is actually extremely SUPER-RARE. Man, I would love to have one of these in my personal collection. In fact, I would have it framed & put behind glass to protect it, ha ha! The next thing that's pretty interesting is the fact that this little kid started out in the crib as a Batman Fan & still is today. Now, that loyality! The photo is of our friend Ed & he explains it this way, "Let's see...I'm born Dec '65, "Batman" premieres on ABC in January of '66, and by Sept of that same year I'm already dressed in a Batman shirt. Yep, guess I've been a fan my whole life." Oh yeah, I love both the photo AND the story...too funny! Yeah, Batman Fan Forever! So, thanks Ed for sharing your family picture, it's great. Readers, he send another one of himself from later in life when he dressed as Robin at Halloween. You won't wanna miss this costume because it's actually pretty cool. But that one is for a future posting, so keep an eye out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment