Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Please Join Us To Help Fight Childhood Cancer!

CLICK HERE To Visit The St. Jude's Hospital Website!!


I started to think about the Bat-Blog the other night, the way it's connected to thousands of people, the strange way I'm able to communicate a message that gets read by huge group of people. Then, I started to wonder if the situation I am in yields any moral or ethical concerns. After some thought I came to realize that it does. I mean, what if I were to show support every now & then to a different charity and, what if, by doing so, just a few readers are inspired by that to take action then would it give my life more or less meaning? I think it would add to it, don't you think? So, after a lot of thought I decided this would be a brand-new policy. Now, please don't think I am trying to be preachy or high-minded. I just think that if I were able to do this, & did do it, that it might be for the greater good. So, as a first test I am asking every single reader to please donate anything they can to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Every dollar helps. I mean, if all you can afford is $5.00 then please send that...it adds up. This very well known charity truly does a lot of good for all children, especially those going through cancer treatments. Now, if every reader gave just one dollar then that would add up to thousands & that would really help a lot. In fact, it could even save a life. I guess, maybe legally, I need to state that I am not connected with this charity in any way, nor is the "Batman character" or Warner Bros or DC Comics. I know the main focus of my blog is to spread the appreciation of Batman & the joys of being a collector and so on but wouldn't it be great if, by accident, it could do some actual good in the world? I think that would go with the ideals of the Batman character...to rid evil or help those in need. I know it sounds pretty silly, but I think it could be a great experiment. So, Please join the Bat-Blog in supporting St. Jude's Hospital this month. Please click on the large link button up above for more information on how you can get involved & while you're there maybe donate a dollar or two... Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment