Sunday, April 28, 2013

New Trailer For ‘The Host’ Defenestrates Saoirse Ronan, Still Reminds Us Of ‘Twilight’





Stephenie Meyer wrote another book after the Twilight series which was called The Host and was #1 on The New York Times Bestseller List for 26 weeks. Reread that sentence while screaming if you want to know what’s reverberating in my head as I lie awake at night.



The Host is coming to theaters on March 29th, staring Saoirse Ronan as a body-snatched human who is the only one (among billions) able to resist her alien host so she can go find her teenaged boyfriend. Ugh. I already summed up my feelings about that here, so I won’t rehash it.



The new trailer below isn’t quite as cheesy as the last one, and there’s even some unintentional humor, like Saoirse Ronan jumping out a window followed by a proclamation that “this one wants to live.” In Stephenie Meyer’s world, self-defenestration is how you show people how much you love life. I still don’t know if Andrew Niccol (Gattaca, The Truman Show) can make this thing watchable.



I’ll have to cut this post short due to internet outages. I blame the asteroid. I also blame Jupiter, for not catching the asteroid with its gravitational pull. Dammit, Jupiter, you had ONE JOB.












(H/T: The Film Stage)



The post New Trailer For ‘The Host’ Defenestrates Saoirse Ronan, Still Reminds Us Of ‘Twilight’ appeared first on UPROXX.


No comments:

Post a Comment