Sunday, April 7, 2013

For now, let's just say there are two Didacts..


didact halo forerunner


A didact
HBO pointed out this most interesting response by Greg Bear to a fan letter.


From: Cameron Gazey
Location: Ontario, Canada
Date: 05/16/2012

Greg,

Suffice it to say I am a huge Halo fan, and I enjoy it primarily for the story. I've read Cryptum and am currently reading through Primordium right now and there's just ONE thing with reading these books that made me seek you out.

The reason why I loved the idea of this book series so much was because I was very intrigued by the Terminal transcripts found on Halo 3, the first look players ever really got into the minds of Forerunners during their battles with the Flood.

What I wanted to know was whether or not those terminal transcripts from Halo 3 are considered canon and were used as sources of information for writing your series? I ask because of some timeline inconsistencies between these terminal transcripts and your series. I don't want to be rude and list them all out because if the terminals aren't canon then the inconsistencies are moot. Besides, the possibility exists that my questions will also be answered in Silentium.

Thanks in advance! And keep up the great writing, I'll be sure to buy Silentium when it comes out!

- Cameron

Re: The Forerunner Saga

From: Greg Bear
Date: 05/22/2012

We're working on those connections. For now, let's just say there are two Didacts...

No comments:

Post a Comment