Friday, November 30, 2012

ABC President Talks S.H.I.E.L.D. And Joss Whedon



Television executives are often asked about shows in development and a single off hand remark can often be blown out of proportion and sink any chance a show might have of gathering an audience and building a fan base. Luckily, for those of us anxiously waiting for Joss Whedon‘s S.H.I.E.L.D., when ABC President Paul Lee talked with TVLine he said:


“It’s very Joss Whedon. We’re optimistic, because Joss is a genius and we love the idea and we love what we’ve seen. But it’s early days, and it’s a long way to go between now and a successful series. But we are very excited about it.”



Although this is the same guy who also said:



“The Neighbors is very important to me. I love The Neighbors. I know there are some issues with the high-concept nature of The Neighbors. But, when you get a chance to talk to Dan Fogelman, he is an incredibly smart writer. I think he will combine, in a way that I think Adam [Horowitz] and Eddie [Kitsis] do on Once Upon a Time, that very broad idea with a very smart piece of storytelling. We are loving the scripts for the show. I did want to protect it and make sure that it's between The Middle and Modern Family. We want to give it that big push because we're very proud of it, and we're going to market it. I wanted to make sure that people started to enjoy the show because I want it to be on the air for a very long time.



I don’t know about you but I couldn’t even get through the first episode of The Neighbors without nodding off and I quickly took it off my DVR list of shows to record.



The good news is that Paul Lee seems to be the type of person that will back the things he likes. If that gets S.H.I.E.L.D. any extra time or chances to get the show going then I’m all for it. I am not expecting S.H.I.E.L.D. to go through the type of issues of poor scheduling, promotion, and finally cancellation that Firefly went through.



What do you think?



Via: Comicbookmovie


No comments:

Post a Comment