Friday, October 5, 2012

A Message from the Admin: Philippine Cybercrime Prevention Act 10175



Hi guys! Mei again, your resident cosplay fanatic!



You've all probably heard of the new cybercrime prevention act in my country, the Philippines, and to be honest, I myself don't really understand everything about it as of yet. However, with the law being unclear with regards to what would be considered "libel", I don't think I'll be posting any new entries for a while.



You see, if I were to mistakenly write something or post something that's considered "malicious", whether it be towards the government or even a Filipino cosplayer/photographer, it could land me in jail for 12 years. Twelve Years. Just for blogging about cosplay.



Some of you have considered this blog to be very "malicious" for "stealing photos that aren't yours" and "adding a link to the photos that aren't yours", even though I've tried to explain why I do what I do, and that you can request to change anything through comments or a simple email. Well, in less that 10 minutes, you can start suing me thanks to the new law, for anything I post on October 3, 2012 and onwards.



A little extreme? Maybe so, but unfortunately(?), 12 years is a chance I'm not willing to take.



And so, until my beloved country becomes a little clearer with what falls under "libel"? I think it's time for Cosplay Holic to rest (until I manage to immigrate to another country that is!)



I hope to see you all again soon! (o* )



Lots of Love,
Mei~


No comments:

Post a Comment