Monday, September 1, 2014

PLOP! Vintage 1970's Humor Comic Book - Funny Batman Strip



When I was a little kid I used to totally love a special DC Comic Book titled, "PLOP! The Magazine of Weird Humor!" It had silly goofy horror humor & always featured really great artwork. Speaking of that, the covers were usually drawn by Basil Wolverton or Wallace Wood. The insides were mostly drawn by Sergio Anagones & that probably made me think of Mad Magazine since he was mainly known for being an artist there. Anyway, I would take my money I earned mowing lawns or what ever & walk a few blocks to the nearest 7-Eleven store. Once there I would get a Candy Bar, some Topps Non-Sport Trading Cards ( Wacky Packages! ), & a few Comic Books...sometimes an Icee Drink, if it was hot outside. It's kind of a stupid thing but these little trips are now some of my most fond childhood memories. I remember the feel of my fingers as they grabbed the metal spinning comic book rack. You'd give it a turn & it would make this squeeking sound that I can still hear today, "squeek, squeek!". When you spun the rack around you never knew what treasures would pop-up. I would mostly buy Superman, Batman, The Justice League of America, & sometimes an issue of PLOP! Yeah, good times, good times. Oh yeah, be sure to click on the funny Batman "Comic Strip" up above for a larger, more detailed, version.

No comments:

Post a Comment