Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Batman's Mardi Gras and New Orleans' Connection



I thought this was kinda weird! Recently 2 Bat-Blog Readers ( who don't know each other ) sent me some pictures that are related to New Orleans & Mardi Gras. I mean, what are the odds of that!? I thought it was a good omen & decided to post them together. The 1st photo is from a friend named "Mo" who wanted to share this pic of "Batman at Mardi Gras". It's a parade float with a HUGE Batman on it...how awesome is that!? With the actual event for 2009 just a few days away I thought it would be fun to see this. Let's hope they do another Batman-Themed Float this year! The next one is even more obscure & older. It's a local advertisement in a flyer for an event in New Orleans where Adam West had appeared. The local ad was for a Grocery Store & the graphic was a Jar of 1966 BATMAN PEANUT BUTTER!! Oh man, this wacky bat-item is super-RARE! Not just the ad but the actual jar too, ha ha! Thanks to Mo & Jeff for sending these, I appreciate that!

No comments:

Post a Comment