Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Whedon Planning To ‘Twist That Knife’ in ‘Avengers 2′





I really hoped that after the success of The Avengers, directer/writer Joss Whedon would go and make the long awaited follow up to Firefly. Alas, the dude is a little busy being the supreme overseer of Marvels cinematic universe. He’s currently in the process of developing The Avengers 2, a S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series, and will also serve as a creative advisor on all of Marvel’s other movies in the Phase 2 plan. Ginger in charge, eh?



In a recent interview with 24 Hours, Whedon talked about his role in the second phase of Marvel master movie plan and the themes of The Avengers 2:



The creation of the team is not the happy ending. It is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I’m digging, just twist that knife. And that’s exciting for me.



He then goes on to discuss what his role will be in Phase 2:



“Very talented people are writing and directing these movies, and what I don’t want to be is the guy they dread, who’s going to come in and say ‘Oh, well I have the power to say change this.’ I’m not that.”



What was all that about knife twisting? Is he going to kill more people!? Should I get my black armbands ready? As far as his input on the rest of the Marvel-verse, I say “Is Joss Whedon going bald, or is that his ego protruding?” Jokes aside, I’m glad he has a say. It’s a nice security blanket.



Source: [24 Hours]




No comments:

Post a Comment