Thursday, September 6, 2012

Praise for ‘Star Trek 2′ From Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto





Star Trek 2 has finished filming and is moving on to post-production, meaning the movie is no longer in the hands of the actors. They’ve already left whatever kind of mark they will on J.J. Abrams‘ sequel, so what did they think of the project overall?



Chris Pine, or rather Captain Kirk told Total Film in a recent interview,


There’s comedy, which I think J.J. does a great job of, but, like the first one, there’s some serious issues being dealt with. And I’d say the threat is even greater in this one.


The force [the Enterprise crew] are met with is much more frightening. It’s relentlessly action-packed and in terms of character development it goes places you’d never expect. The arc is huge for all the characters. It’s a really big story-I can’t hype it enough!



It’s common for a sequel to be larger and have a more epic scale than its predecessor, unfortunately that’s also why a lot of sequels fail, but it sounds like Abrams, his cast and crew were up to the challenge. If we’re to believe Pine’s praise is genuine Abrams has given us a Spider-Man 2 not a Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead’s Man Chest.



Zachary Quinto, our new Mr. Spock has also been making rounds and talking up Star Trek 2. You can watch the entirety of his short interview with The Wrap below, but here are a few choice quotes,


It was much more challenging. It was bigger. It was bolder, I think, than the first one, and that was pretty big and bold from my standpoint. I’m really excited to see what they do with it


I feel very fulfilled, but I don’t feel particularly attached to what the outcome of that project will be because I have faith in the people that I was collaborating with to make it as good as it can be.



It’s true a movie with stellar performances can still be a dud, but I too have faith all involved with Star Trek 2 will deliver a smashing sequel. I truly hope so, the franchise depends on it. I’d really rather not slip back into the pattern of “good Star Trek movie then bad Star Trek movie.”



Star Trek 2 will release May 17th of next year. Do you think the sequel will live up to its predecessor? Surpass it? Flounder and fail?



src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BEb0bL-0rzc" frameborder="0" width="600" height="350">



Sources: Geek Tyrant, Blastr


No comments:

Post a Comment